If you are using multiple computer systems with different IP addresses. In that condition, it is some difficult and time-consuming to keep or monitor all of the IP address and their corresponding data if you want to do so. To get rid of this issue and save your efforts and valuable time, you can use 10-Strike Network Scanner tool. It is an amazing and useful tool for the users. It is a free and easy to use and shows more information in one panel. In this article, we will discuss this effective tool.
Importance of 10-Strike Network Scanner for Windows:-
It can be considered as a compact version of Advanced IP Scanner. Although, it has a good capability to show up almost all of the information that the other tool does. Today, we will talk about available functionalities that you can expect from this tool.
- Search available IP address: It has good ability to scans a range of IP address and helps you find out which one is off or off.
- Find MAC address: You will get the MAC address of all the available IP addresses.
- It is able to find the user account, DNS name, Ethernet card vendor, OS type and network drivers.
- You will able to access the registry of the corresponding computer system. To do this, you need to access computer system first.
- It is able to check the Event Log of any computer system in your network.
- It is able to check Services of any computer system.
- It is able to check IP status of any host.
- You can ping as many times as you want to check that a host is alive or dead.
- It is able to export data to a spreadsheet.
How to add 10-Strike Network Scanner?
- If you want to use it, then you need to download it first and then install it on your computer.
- After completing the installation process, you will see a window on your screen.
- In this window you need to enter an IP range, to find out the information about all of the IP address you have in a network.
- You need to select the first option and then click on the Next button.
- Then you need to enter an IP range.
- Now, enter that and then click on the Add and Next buttons.
- Now move to the next window, you are able to select different things such as- ICMP ping, ARP ping, TCP ping, it takes comparatively more time than others, etc.
- You can also select some of the different options that are mentioned below:
- Response timeout
- Get additional data on hosts via NetBIOS
- Search UPnP devices
- Search SNMP hosts
- Detect network and location printers
- At last, you need to select the option/s as per your requirement and then click on the Next button again.
- This process will few minutes to scan the whole network if you have a range of IP.
- Otherwise, it will scan around 100 IPs within 3 minutes.
- After scanning, you will get the results:
- From here, you will get all the information as we have mentioned earlier.
Steps to check the current status by Ping host:-
- If are trying to ping any host to check the current status then you need to click on the corresponding button.
- Then you will be able to select the number of ping requests, packet size, response timeout, etc.
Steps to check system information:-
- To check the system information you need to right-click on an IP address > select System Information.
- It is able to get the account the IP is using, event log, SNMP information, Ethernet card vendor, registry files and so on.
- Besides that, you can also find out the OS the computer system is using, currently installed network driver, unit uptime and so on.
- If you want to get the MAC address, that is possible as well.
Steps to Export to CSV:-
- To export all of the information into a spreadsheet.
- To do this, you need to go File > Export to Excel.
- After that, you need to enter the location where you want to save the file and then select a name for your data.
We hope that after reading this post, it is confirmed that 10-Strike Network Scanner seems to be a handy tool if you are using a small network.