Sometimes ads on a site create a problem for users who are working and frustrates them. There are so many types of annoying ads, like pop up ads, flashing ads, full-page ads, and the most annoying ones are that auto-playing video ads with full blast sound. And it takes too much time to close them separately, and sometimes you can’t find the exit option.
Enabling of Chrome default Ad Blocker will help in the wipeout of such types of annoying pops up, block screen and persistent ads. It will not wipe out all ads from Chrome. It only targets and blocks selected ads, by filtering them. It filters the ads that are particularly dense just like large sticky ads, flashing animated ads, full-screen scroll over ads, auto-play video ads with sound and ads that get displayed before content load.
Chrome Ad Blocker is already integrated into the browser. So, you do not need to download and install it.
Here’s how to Enable and Disable Chrome Default ad Blocker of your Mobile.
- Open ‘Google Chrome’ app.
- Tap on the three vertical dots ‘Menu Button.’
- Select ‘Settings’ from the Menu.
- In Advanced open ‘Content Settings’ or ‘Site Settings.’
- Tap on ‘Block Pop-ups’ or ‘Pop-ups.’
- Now, using the ‘Sliding Switch’ according to you to ‘Enable and Disable’ Adblocker.
How to Enable and Disable Chrome Default AdBlocker on your Desktop?
- Open ‘Google Chrome’ application.
- Click on the three vertical dots ‘Menu Button’ on the top of right side of your screen.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll & click on ‘Advanced’ at the bottom.
- Scroll & click on ‘Content Settings’ in the ‘Privacy and Security’ section.
- Open ‘Ads.’ It is in the middle of options.
- Turn off the ‘Sliding Switch.’ If the switch is already ‘off’ or ‘Grey,’ it means Ad blocker is already on.
- For pop-ups: Go back into the ‘Content Settings.’
- Click on ‘Pop-ups and redirects.’ It is Just above the ‘Ads’ into the menu.
- Turn of the ‘Sliding Switch.’ If the switch is already ‘off’ or ‘Grey,’ it means Chrome is already blocking pop-ups. From here you can Enable or Disable blocker.
Ad Blocker is a great tool as it helps to keep you away from annoying ads and pop-ups. It saves your time and enables you to do your work more efficiently.