Google’s Chromecast is amongst the most economic streaming devices in the marker, and perhaps, amongst the best. However, before you begin binge-watching all that’s available on the web, you need to learn how to cast screens from the Chrome browser. It is very easy to set up Chromecast and cast from it. Let’s get started.
Step 1: Connect the Chromecast Dongle to the TV
- Find any unoccupied HDMI port at the back or side of your Television. Televisions come with several HDMI ports, simply pick one.
- Now, insert the plug into the power supply.
- Insert the other end of the cable into the Chromecast.
- Plug in the Chromecast dongle into the HDMI port.
- Now, turn on the television and hit the Source button on the remote.
- Set the HDMI port number to the one that the Chromecast dongle is plugged in.
- After that, the Chromecast screen will appear.
Steps 2: Install the Chromecast Application and Google Cast Extension
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Now, go to the Chromecast webpage and download the Chromecast app.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download and set up the app.
- Go to the Chrome Store.
- Head over to extensions.
- Get Google Cast extension and install it on your Chrome browsing program.
- Just click on the blue Add to Chrome button located at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 3: Set up Chromecast
- You need to open the Chromecast app on your computer.
- Now, you will get a code on your computer and TV. Ensure that this code is the same on both.
- Click on That’s My Code button.
- Just connect to a network. Enter the network’s password if needed.
Step 4: Cast a Chrome tab
- Open the tab you wish to screen on your TV.
- Now, click on the Cast button located on the toolbar of your browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select where you want to cast the tab to.
- Enjoy screencasting!