By default, the News app notifications and alerts get pushed to the iPhone’s lock screen. Sometimes users may get annoyed with the number of News alerts displaying on their screen. While many people love getting notifications about what’s happening in the world, some may find it annoying to get notified by news alerts that they have got nothing to do with. You can stop notifications from the News app and completely remove it from the home screen. Here is how:
Disable the News app
Disabling the News application completely will ensure that it stays hidden from you. You will not be able to see it on the Home Screen. Here are the steps for turning off News:
- From the home screen of the iPhone, tap on the Settings apps.
- In the Settings screen, tap on the General option.
- After that, select Restrictions. If Restrictions were turned on earlier, then you will have to enter the password for Restrictions.
- Now, tap on Enable restrictions and turn it on.
- You will be prompted to set a unique password for Restrictions. This password will be useful at the time of accessing Restrictions settings.
- In the Restrictions Settings screen, scroll down and locate the News app from the menu.
- Tap on the bar next to the News application option. If it is green, then it means that it is turned on, if it is white then it means that it is off.
- By disabling the app, it will not appear on the home screen. To make it re-appear, you will have to enable it by going to Restrictions in the Settings screen.
Turn off notifications from News app
If you do not want to get alerts from the News application, but you do not wish to remove it, then you can just turn off notifications by following these steps:
- Tap on the Settings application present in the home screen.
- Scroll down the Settings menu and tap on Notifications.
- Now, in the Notification Settings, scroll down and tap on the News option. You will find it under the Notification Style heading.
- In the News Notification Setting screen, turn off the Allow Notifications option.
- Now, you will not get any News notifications.
Remove News app from the search
If you do not like receiving news results whenever you look anything up on the iPhone, then you can turn it off by going to the Spotlight Search settings. By doing so, the headlines from the News app will not appear in the Spotlight Search screen. Here are the steps for removing News from the search:
- Go to the Settings application.
- Tap on the General option in the Settings menu.
- Now, select Spotlight Search.
- In the Spotlight Search settings screen, you will be able to see a list of all applications which can come in the Spotlight search.
- Scroll through the list and turn off News by tapping on the bar next to it.
- Scroll further down, and disable Spotlight Suggestions as well. Just tap on the bar next to it.